What’s New for Families
- Universal child care benefit (UCCB) – The UCCB has
increased to $160 per month for each qualified dependant under 6 years of age and there is a new benefit of $60 per month for each qualified dependant aged 6 through 17.
- Child care expenses – The maximum limit per child has increased by $1,000.
- Family caregiver amount for children under 18 years of age – The amount for children under 18 years of age has been eliminated and replaced by the enhanced universal child care benefit.
- Family tax cut – For 2014 and later years, the calculation for the family tax cut has been revised to allow unused tuition, education, and textbook amounts transferred from a spouse or common-law partner.
- Children’s fitness tax credit – The children’s fitness tax credit is now a refundable credit.
Please follow and like us: