2016 Filing due date for self employed persons

2016 Filing due date for self employed persons

Call us at 514-954-9031

If you or your spouse carried on a business in 2016 , your personal return for 2016 has to be filed on or before June 15, 2017.

However, if you have a balance owing for 2016, you have to pay it on or before April 30, 2017.


Important facts

  • If you earned self-employment income from a business you operate yourself or with a partner, you must report it.
  • Keep thorough records if you own a business or are engaged in a commercial activity. The records have to provide enough detail to determine the taxes you owe and support the benefits you are claiming, and must be supported by original documents.


Please follow and like us:

Author: will

30+ year tax professional preparing individual tax returns for Canadians and non-residents of Canada.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *